Eurofins Selcia Drug Discovery
Selcia Ltd is a leading provider of contract research services in drug discovery and 14C radiolabelling. In January 2018 Selcia became part of Eurofins Pharma Discovery Services affording Selcia the capacity to deliver extensive and seamless solutions and services that span the whole spectrum of drug discovery.
Selcia Drug Discovery focusses on integrated small molecule drug discovery, with a strong track record of IP generation and preclinical candidate delivery for customers – 25 patents and 11 preclinical candidates generated. USPs are the medicinal chemistry of macrocycles, and a peptidyl prolyl isomerase (PPIase) screening platform.
Selcia radiolabelling specialises in 14C GMP radiolabelling, producing 14C radiolabelled compounds for a global customer base encompassing both the life sciences and chemical industries. Applications of the radiolabelled products prepared by Selcia include: preclinical and clinical drug metabolism studies; mass balance, IV microdosing, dermal penetration, regulatory and environmental fate studies.
Selcia also offers GLP NMR and mass spectrometry services to support regulatory submissions, and specialised purification capabilities from analytical (µg) to multi-100g scale.
Areas of Expertise:
• Medicinal chemistry: Tool compounds; peptides; macrocycles; natural product chemistry
• Biology: Assay development; ADME screens; PPIase profiling
• Disease expertise: Anti-infectives; inflammation; CNS; pain; metabolic; oncology & ophthalmology
• Target classes: GPCRs; ion channels; enzymes; protein-protein interactions
• 14C Custom Radiosynthesis
• GMP 14C Radiolabelled API for Clinical Trials
• GLP/GMP Analytics – GLP NMR
• Metabolites and Impurities (Profiling and Synthesis), standards and stable labelled compounds
Sygnature Discovery is a leading independent integrated drug discovery and pre-clinical services CRO. Founded in 2004 and private equity-backed since 2017, we operate a fully-enabled research facility in Nottingham, UK, housing nearly 400 staff (80% of our scientists have PhDs). Our experienced R&D scientists possess all the professional skills and know-how required to undertake the most demanding of drug discovery and/or pre-clinical development projects and drive them from target validation, through hit identification, hit-to-lead and lead optimization to development candidate. Sygnature collaborates with its partners via risk share and FTE-based collaborations.